We’d like to say a huge THANK YOU to the hundreds of runners who have joined us to RunSOCIAL in the nine months since we launched our first social run in July last year. The popularity of the RunSOCIALS has been beyond anything we expected.
We’ve massively enjoyed putting on the RunSOCIALS and as well as meeting lots of new people, it’s been the perfect excuse for us to find many more trails than we knew existed!
However, due to rising costs associated with their popularity – insurance, land use fees, etc – we’re no longer able to offer our RunSOCIALs completely free of charge. This hasn’t been an easy decision for us, as we want to keep on facilitating runs that help people new to trailrunning feel more confident to hit the trails as well as bringing the social side to running.
We would love to be able to continue our RunSOCIALS – in fact, we’d like to do even more of them – and in order to do so, we’ve come up with two options that will ensure our runs are as accessible to as many runners as possible, while still being viable:
- a #RunDirtyCrew ‘membership’
- Pay-As-You-Run social run pricing
By joining us as a member you will help us keep the monthly RunSOCIALS going and, hopefully, expand our programme of RunSOCIALS. Our initial membership period will be April – December 2017, priced at £40 (less than £4.50/month) and in return, you’ll get:
- Priority booking for all RunSOCIALS and TrailFest events – tickets will be available for you to book 48 hours before they go on general sale
- One free social run per month (choose 5k or 10k)
- 15% discount on other TrailFest events, including:
- Mugdock Mile races
- Training events
- Any additional RunSOCIALS we introduce
- Film/Speaker events
- 10% discount on tickets for the annual TrailFest Festival
- A limited edition #RunDirtyCrew members’ headgear
- Exclusive members discounts on pre- & post-run refreshments at Chunky Monkey’s café at Mugdock
- Members discounts with a range of partner brands selling running-related products & services (these to be announced).
After the initial 2017 subscription period, we’ll offer annual memberships from Jan 2018.
At this stage, we’re limiting the number of memberships to just 30 in order that we can guarantee every member a place on a RunSOCIAL every month (subject to booking). But if we have sufficient demand, we will open up more memberships and start offering more runs each month.
When you join, we’ll send you the discount code you’ll need to book your free April social run and/or discounted Mugdock Mile on 9 April.
If you’d rather retain the flexibility of ‘paying as you go’ the new prices for RunSOCIALS and the Mugdock Mile race are as follows:
- 5k – £5
- 10k – £6
- Mugdock Mile – £5
We’re hugely grateful to everyone who has been a part of the TrailFest journey so far. Your support has been invaluable to us and we really appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions, queries or feedback, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopefully we can continue to RunSOCIAL together and grow our running programme to get even more people running the trails together.
Yours in the mud,
Ryan & Jo, Team TrailFest