3 Trail Races. 1 Trail Series.
3 Thursday Nights. 1 Summer Solstice.
- Race 1 | Thurs 6th June | 8km
- Race 2 | Thurs 13th June | 12km
- Race 3 | Thurs 20th June | 16km
All races start at 7pm at Mugdock Country Park, Milngavie, Glasgow, G62 8EL
The Solstice Trail Series is a three-race series featuring some of the best trailrunning to be found between Glasgow and The Trossachs. The routes have been carefully designed to challenge and reward runners, whether you’re chasing a time, or running your first trail race.
Each evening race will start and finish at Mugdock Country Park Visitor Centre and will feature wide tracks, technical singletrack, hills and stunning views on the extensive trail network both within the Country Park and in Craigallian Woods.
New routes for 2019!
Similar to last year, you can expect a mix of wide, fast trails, technical singletrack sections to focus your concentration, big hills and big views all on the vast trail network in Mugdock Country Park and surrounding area. The finalised routes will be published in due course. On top of this we promise a warm welcome, a great race atmosphere and our awesome race marshals will be out on the course to keep you going.
- Race 1: 8km: £18
- Race 2: 12km: £23
- Race 3: 16km: £28
- Full Series: £64 (£5 off final race. Enter all three races to activate discount)
Entry Fees Include:
- Finisher’s medal
- TrailFest goodies: a 28cl reusable cup (never use a disposable cup at races again), a re-useable bamboo fibre coffee mug (drink great coffee and show everyone you run trails) and TrailFest multifucntional headwear. *Note: only one item per race, the order of which these will be distributed is TBC.
- Race photographs included (free-to-use and download)
- Trophy categories: male and female 1,2,3 per race and male and female 1,2,3 for overall series (fastest combimed time over the three races)
- Chip timing
- Fully marked and marshalled routes
- First Aid provision
ENTER THE 2019 SOLSTICE TRAIL SERIES
Booking will go live at 7pm on Sat 2nd March.
Race 1 | Thurs 6th June | 8km
Race 2 | Thurs 13th June | 12km
Race 3 | Thurs 20th June | 16km
Travel to Mugdock
- From Glasgow: 25mins.
- From Edinburgh: 1hr 25mins.
- From Stirling: 45mins.
- From Hamilton: 40mins.
Car parking at Mugdock Country Park is free (donation boxes are situated in the car park), but space is limited. We actively encourage car sharing: please join the TrailFest Facebook Group to offer or request a lift.
Trains from Glasgow (25mins) to Milngavie are roughly every 30mins. It’s a 10 minute taxi ride from the train station to the race base at Mugdock Country Park Visitor Centre.
Note: there is no public transport to Mugdock Country Park.
The Solstice Trail Series will be a celebration of outstanding trails, so expect moors, forests, rocks, gravel, roots, views, mud and great fun!