Building the Dream
The theme of TrailFest 2016 was ‘Building the Dream’, and we created a full-day programme featuring guests who shared awe-inspiring stories of how they built their own dreams on the trails and how you can too.
Get stuck into a morning of practical sessions for runners of all abilities and experience:
Strength and Conditioning with Casey Morgan, Compressport Trailrunning Team athlete, personal trainer and sports conditioning coach.
Yoga for Runners with Mark Russell, owner of Kirdaka Yoga and Lululemon ambassador.
Run WITH 1:
Marco Consani, Ambassador for inov-8, the all terrain running brand and Mountain Fuel #FeelGoodFuel.
Run WITH 2:
Debbie Martin-Consani, Ambassador for Montane, Ultimate Direction, Drymax and Petzl and a member of the Centurion Running Ultra Team.
A speed session with 2016 WHW Race winner and #TeamPyllon athlete James Stewart.
Take your seat for an afternoon of trail inspiration:
Get answers to your burning trailrunning questions in our panel Q&A session with ultra-legends;
- Marco Consani
- Debbie Martin-Consani
- Casey Morgan
Go behind-the-scenes to find out what makes some of the UK’s toughest trail races from ‘Architect of Adventure’ Gary Tompsett.
Lucja Leonard on her epic #500kin5days Simply Runderful challenge; running the length of the Netherlands for Pink Ribbon Foundation.
Sophie Mullins, on her incredible journey; overcoming mast cell disease and inflammatory arthritis to Scotland’s 100km champion.
‘Dreams don’t have a hard stop’ with 2016 WHW Race winner and #TeamPyllon athlete James Stewart.
With author of Scottish Trail Running, Susie Allison.
Graham Kelly on running the highly technical skyrace set up by Kilian Jornet and Emelie Forsberg.
Robert Hamilton, Scotland’s leading authority on open water swimming, shares advice on transitions and swim-run for runners.
Race the inaugural Hoka One One MUGDOCK MILE or run the Mugdock trails.
3-2-1-Run The Hoka One One MUGDOCK MILE
Introducing the Hoka One One MUGDOCK MILE – a fast and furious sprint to the line. Who will be crowned King and Queen of the Mile? There’s a pair of Hoka One One shoes up for grabs for the male and female winners …
Test run a pair of Hoka One One trail shoes from the official Hoka test pool. Head out into the Mugdock trails, or follow our 5K trail course.
Using Strava, time your own race round our 5K course and rank yourself against fellow members of the Trailfest Strava group. Full details of how to enter and compete in the ‘Strava Race’ will be sent via email to all ticket holders prior to Trailfest. Any questions about the Strava Race, drop us a line.
The TrailFest2 After Party will kick off with our Prizegiving, and everyone is in with a chance to win: as well as crowning our inaugural King and Queen of the Mugdock Mile, we’ll be giving away some superb goodies in our spot prize draw.
Stick around for the draw, and stay on to share a drink (beer, tea, coffee, smoothie, water…) with fellow runners and elites at the after-party. We’re delighted to say that Glasgow brewery, Jaw Brew, have come on board as our Official Drinks Supplier: now’s the time to negotiate your lift share!
The King and Queen of the Mugdock Mile will each receive a voucher for a pair of Hoka One One shoes: make your own selection of size and model from the Hoka One One online store.
The Spot Prize Draw is for everyone who buys a ticket for TrailFest2. We’ve got some amazing giveaways lined up:
- Two pairs of Hoka One One shoes (size and model to be chosen by the winners)
- One personal trailrunning photoshoot with Colin Henderson: capture some splendid images of you looking every inch a trail hero!
- One advance copy of Running Beyond, the new book by Ian Corless featuring a foreword by Kilian Jornet. Running Beyond is published by Quarto on 3 November: our lucky winner will get a prize that money can’t buy (yet!)
- One Sports Massage with Run Recover
- One clothing voucher from Mirelle Activewear
- One copy of Scottish Trail Running by Susie Allison
- One Edinburgh Run Tour with Lucja Leonard
- Four PT sessions, a nutritional analysis and 1-month training programme from Kate Pearson PT
- One Silva Trailrunner II headtorch plus Gold Membership of the Find Your Adrenaline website until the end of the year, giving the lucky winner 15% off all purchases
- TrailFest branded gear
The TrailFest mini-expo featured:
- Find Your Adrenaline, stocking a range of OMM gear for sale
- Mirelle Activewear, with her own brand of stylish workout and running gear
- Scottish Trail Running guidebook
- TrailFest merchandise
Our Special Guests – who are they?
- Marco Consani.
- Ambassador for inov-8, the all terrain running brand and Mountain Fuel #FeelGoodFuel. Blog.
- Debbie Martin-Consani.
- Ambassador for Montane, Ultimate Direction, Drymax and Petzl and a member of the Centurion Running Ultra Team. Blog.
- Casey Morgan.
- Compressport Trailrunning Team athlete, personal trainer and sports conditioning coach.
- Gary Tompsett.
- Sophie Mullins.
- Animal-loving ultra runner and Scottish 100km champion overcoming mast cell disease and inflammatory arthritis. Blog.
- Lucja Leonard.
- James Stewart,
- Winner of the 2016 West Highland Way Race, ultrarunner, #Hokaflyer and #TeamPyllon. Blog.
- Robert Hamilton.
- Owner of Vigour Events and Scotland’s leading authority on open-water swimming.
- Mark Russell.
- Owner of Kirdaka Yoga and Lululemon ambassador.
- Susie Allison.
- Author of ‘Scottish Trail Running’, the definitive guidebook for trailrunning in Scotland.
- Graham Kelly.
- Endurance and adventure lover well known for sporting an impressive beard! Blog.